DACA Renewal Lawyer
DACA Immigration Lawyer
Conservative lawmakers have tried to end the DACA program for various reasons. The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals is a program associated with the Obama administration. It exists to allow young undocumented immigrants to legally work in the United States without facing deportation.
Thousands of young people have benefitted from this program, but its continued existence will be determined by the politics of the day. People can file for DACA renewals online. You must first create a USCIS account in order to file Forms I-821D (DACA) and I-765 (Work permit) online.
This is a quicker way to submit forms, pay fees and track the status of your application. Talk to an experienced DACA lawyer to help with your DACA application.
Are You Eligible For DACA?
Can You Apply For DACA Now
Only undocumented non-citizens that fulfill certain criteria are considered eligible for DACA. You are eligible for DACA if:
- You arrived in the U.S. before you turned 16 years of age
- You must have been under 31 years of age as of June 15, 2012
- You have continuously resided in the U.S. since June 15, 2007, up to the present time
- You have been physically present in the U.S. on June 15, 2012, and at the time you are applying for DACA
- You have had no lawful status on June 15, 2012
- You are currently enrolled in school or have returned to school, graduated, obtained a certificate of completion, or be an honorably discharged U.S. veteran
- You have not been convicted of a felony offense, a significant misdemeanor offense, multiple misdemeanor offenses, or otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety
These are just some of the things the USCIS considers before they approve your application. You need to talk to an experienced DACA lawyer to help you understand all the current DACA requirements. A lawyer not only knows the current laws but will know if there are any new requirements for DACA.
Why DACA May End
How To Qualify For DACA
President Donald Trump is not the only politician that views DACA as a problematic program. Many conservative politicians see the program as a way for illegal immigrants to enter the United States. They prefer having stricter laws that prevent mass immigration into the United States.
That is why republicans have resisted the expansion of DACA and the Deferred Action for Parents of Americans program (DAPA). You need the guidance of an experienced DACA attorney to determine whether it’s the right time to file for a DACA renewal for you.
Benefits Of DACA
Who To Contact About DACA
The top benefits of DACA include:
- Ability to get a driver’s license in most states
- Ability to put utility bills in your name
- Ability to build your credit score and apply for credit card
Can A DACA Recipient Receive A Green Card
What Are The Requirements For DACA
You can receive a green card but not through your DACA status because DACA is not a visa or a green card. But you may have a path to receiving a green card if a family member is a resident or citizen of the United States. You have to get in touch with a skilled DACA law firm to review your situation and offer advice.